Thoughts and Tips On Grooming
The differences between men and women have always been more than skin deep. So shouldn’t the differences between skin care for men and skin care for women go deeper as well?
For a long time, men’s skin care was little more than women’s skin care that was repackaged and rebranded. They changed the scent from floral to musk, made the bottles a little darker and a little squarer, and you know what happened? Nothing much. Because skin care marketed to men is not truly skin care for men. It simply did not take into account the very real and very scientific needs of men’s skin.
Men have it rough
Men are admittedly a little rough, sometimes sweaty and let’s not forget hairy – none of which is all that appealing if it isn’t under control. But with the proper skin care, those manly characteristics start to look and sound a whole lot better.
Turo Skin’s was developed by top chemists and physicians to penetrate and protect the thicker, rougher skin that men have. Turo Skin’s physician recommended formulas take into account the skin care issues that are faces specifically by men… everything from the effects of daily shaving to men’s propensity to perspire.
Turo Skin is more than just great skin care. It is great skincare created especially for men.
You take care of yourself. You work out and try and eat right. You do it because you know it’s important. You want to feel good and you want to look good. But like most men, your commitment to taking care of yourself does not always extend to taking proper care of your skin. Big mistake. Your skin is quite literally holding it all together. It is the first thing everyone sees – and it should look and feel as good as the rest of you.
Turo Skin is physician recommended skin care FOR MEN. Physician recommended as in, this is about more than smelling nice, this is important for your health. Skin cancer is the #1 cancer in men over 50 – not prostate cancer, not lung cancer… skin cancer. That is why proper skin care and protection should be right up there with everything else you do to take care of you. And the bonus is that unlike that annual prostate exam, Turo Skin will have you looking better and younger than you ever have before. Men who use TuroSkin are quite literally putting their best face forward – which has been proven to make them feel more confident throughout the day.
You already use some products for some things. Why not use even fewer products to do even more things?
We recognize that skin care for men also needs to be skin care for the way men take care for their skin. We understand that while men may have a multitude of skin care needs, they aren’t all that interested in there being lots of steps and jars and products. That is why Turo Skin was developed to be as simple as it is effective.
Our clinical research has shown us how important it is for men to exfoliate their skin. It also has shown us that most men don’t do things like exfoliate because it is one more step that they aren’t going to take when they already have to shave and maybe (just maybe) moisturize. That is why Turo Skin puts the exfoliator into its shave product – along with skin conditioners and moisturizers. All Turo Skin products do more than one thing. Because while we all agree that moisturizer is good – we also agree that a non-comedogenic moisturizer that protects, contains essential anti-oxidants, provides sun protection and prevents wrinkles is so much better. Why buy pre-shave, shaving cream and after-shave when you can find something better than all three in a single bottle? And no we didn’t just pour a bunch of different products together and hope for the best. Turo Skin is dermatologist recommended skin care because our doctors and scientists developed proprietary formulas that work together to enable a single product to deliver a multitude of results.
This isn’t retail – this is science!
These are the best ingredients – because only the best ingredients will give the best results. And our ingredients and formulas are scientifically engineered to work together to keep men’s skin clean, clear, smooth and healthy. Unlike many skin care products for men, Turo Skin creams are non-comedogenic. Every Turo Skin product is hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested and paraben-free. And Turo Skin products are never tested on animals.
You are active. Shouldn’t your skin care be too?
You lead an active lifestyle. You are busy – at work, working out, and trying to get as much done as you possibly can. That is why Turo Skin is only not only skincare for active men… it is also active skincare for men.
When you use a regular shaving cream, it just sits there, and you do the work by shaving. When you apply a Turo Skin shaving product, it immediately becomes active. It is exfoliating, moisturizing and penetrating your skin. A traditional acne cream is a passive drying agent. Turo skin acne spot treatment actively suppresses redness, diminishes shine and exfoliates for penetration. It is also anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial, and it gets rid of acne by treating it not just topically, but at every phase. Sunscreen is great, but a broad spectrum SPF 30 that is sweat and water resistant and contains soothing agents, skin brighteners and antioxiants is a lot more active. And even when you finally pack it in for the night, Turo Skin night cream is actively combating wrinkles with encapsulated retinol and tegopep, imparting antioxidants and rehydrating your skin after a long day of environmental exposure. Turo skin truly is active skin care for the active lifestyle of today’s man.
Turo Skin. For your face. For your hair. For your body. For your health.
- The average man takes three and a half minutes to shave.
- Men’s facial hair grows about 6 inches a year, or roughly a half of an inch per month.
- Men will shave an estimated 20,000 times or more in their lifetime.
- The average man will spend 10-15 hours a year shaving or almost 5 months of their lives.
- While shaving, a person removes almost as much skin as hair.
- When wet, a strand of hair is roughly one third to one half less than the strength of dry hair. This makes it much easier to shave a wet hair than a dry hair.
- Even though most men shave in the morning it is recommend that you wait until after you drink something due to a decrease in body fluids first thing in the morning.
- It is estimated that 75% of men shave their face every day.
- Of the 25% of men that do not, it is estimated that about 15% refuse to shave their faces due to the discomfort they experience from shaving.
- In a poll of American women, 70% of them say they prefer a clean-shaven man.
- The most important skin-care product available to prevent wrinkles is sunscreen, but only 4% of men use a sunscreen daily.4
- Only 52% of men wear a sunscreen with an SPF 15 or higher.4
- 90% of damage done to the skin can be attributed to the sun.1
- The majority of people diagnosed with melanoma are white men over age 50.2
- Skin cancer is the #1 cancer in men over age 50, ahead of prostate, lung and colon cancer.2
- Adults over age 40, especially men, have the highest annual exposure to UV.3